When should I call 9-1-1?
The Wareham Fire Department recommends dialing 9-1-1 for injury or life-threatening emergency incidents.
How many fire stations are in the fire district of Wareham.
There are 5 Fire Stations in the fire district of Wareham, including headquarters. Please note that the only full-time manned station is Station 1.
What do I do when I see an emergency vehicle approaching when I am driving?
Motorists should pull their vehicles safely to the right when an emergency vehicle is approaching. It is not recommended to stop in the middle of the road or proceed through an intersection against the signals.
What does it mean when my smoke alarm chirps?
The smoke alarm will chirp when it’s time to replace the battery. We encourage residents to change the smoke alarm battery when they change their clocks for Daylight Saving time in the spring and fall each year.
When reporting a fire, what do I tell the dispatcher?
To report a fire, remain calm and provide the dispatcher with the following:
1. Where the fire is located.
2. What is on fire.
3. Who is in danger or trapped.
4. How the fire began.
5. Give brief details about the fire. (Example: odor, smoke, or flames)
When reporting a MEDICAL emergency, what do I tell the dispatcher?
To report a Medical emergency, remain calm and provide the dispatcher with the following.
1. The location of the sick or injured person?
2. What the symptoms are of the injured or ill person.
3. Does the person have a known history of illnesses?
4. Does the person take medication?
When reporting a VEHICLE accident, what do I tell the dispatcher?
To report a vehicle accident, remain calm and provide the dispatcher with the following:
1. The location of the accident scene.
2. The number of injuries at the accident scene.
3. How many vehicles are involved in the accident.
4. Report a brief description of the vehicles.
5. Report harmful hazards. (gasoline leaks, chemical spills, and wires down)
6. Who witnessed the accident.
Witnesses should remain on the scene until the EMS unit and Wareham Police arrive.